Monday, September 22, 2014

IBS Proverbs 3:5-6 (9-16-14)

Inductive Bible Study for Proverbs 3:5-6 (9-16-14)
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”

God has been asking me lately if I trust Him. He’s been tugging at my hear every time I start questioning His plan. Yesterday, when I was crying out to Him, He brought to my mind when Job questioned Him and He said “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?” (38:4) and “Have you entered the springs of the sea? Or have you walked in search of the depths?” (38:16). God also asked me Who was the only One Who: can change hearts (Acts 2:36-37), can give peace (Philippians 4:7) and has a plan for my life (Jeremiah 29:11). The answer is always Him! Even though I’m uncertain and scared about the future, I am confident that the Lord will work everything out for my good and for His glory (Romans 8:28).

I love Starfield’s song called Speak Now Jesus - “Speak now Jesus, speak into my heart. I’m desperate to hear Your still small voice, I need to hear Your voice! Lead me Jesus, I need direction. I am so lost without You guiding me, I need to know Your peace.” It is so awesome to see the change that God is doing in my life. He has brough me low and shown me how weak I truly am, so now I see my great need for Him. I really am lost when I don’t seek the Lord’s direction. When I lean on my own understanding I screw everything up. I’m not feeling bad about myself - I am realizing how small I am and how incredible my Savior is.


These verses in Proverbs promise us that if we live our lives in surrender to God, then He will guide us. I have seen that this is true. I thought I had it all together until my world fell apart. I saw that I loved my sin too much to give it up, I saw that the control I had was a facade and I saw that I couldn’t trust myself or any other human being to make my life better. I broke down, gave in to the Holy Spirit’s loving call and gave my entire life to Jesus. Since then, I have very clearly experienced the Spirit’s guiding and direction in my life. My paths have been chosen by God and my heart is in the continual process of being changed to be more like Christ. I am going to draw a simple illustration of “the world behind me, the Cross before me” on my hand to remember that I need to be following Christ in order for Him to lead me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment