Friday, November 7, 2014

IBS Hebrews 4:15-16 (11-7-14)

Inductive Bible Study for Hebrews 4:15-16 (11-7-14)
"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

So I'm home now, in good old New Hampshire, and there have been a massive amount of changes since I left. Half of my family lives in another house and it's weird. I feel so alone sometimes - but God is comforting me and showing me that He feels what I'm going through. The verse before (14) says "let us hold fast to our confession". Sometimes it's hard to hold fast to my confession. Sometimes I just want to give up and run away from everything and everyone. I have made a confession of my faith in my Savior and I am to fully rely on Him to meet all my needs.

It's so easy to get caught up in the cares and lusts of this world and that's why it's so important to be surrendered to Christ. I've really been struggling these last few days - and God uses my daily devotions time and time again to push me towards Him. How crazy is it that God, the King and Maker of this universe, can empathize with us in our temptations and struggles? It boggles my mind. Really. He is so much bigger and stronger than we can even imagine, yet He understands our pain. He WANTED to understand our pain. He WANTED to bear the cross for us so that we could have a relationship with Him. Jesus Christ was tempted in all points that we have been, are and will be tempted - yet He did not sin. 

They say that God won't ever give you more than you can handle. That's a lie. He won't tempt you beyond what you're able to bear, but He will most definitely give us more than we take. What's the point of needing Him if we can handle everything on our own? He doesn't say to come to Him even though our burden is already light - He says "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Matthew 11:28. The weight of this world is constantly on our shoulders, until we give it to Him. I will never be free of the need to be strong on my own until my heart understand that His strength is made perfect in my weakness. 

We don't have to be afraid to come to God. Yes, I am ashamed sometimes to make my requests known to God. Yes, I am embarrassed sometimes when I've sinned and don't want to confess for fear of condemnation. But none of my feelings matter - Jesus didn't die for my feelings, He died for my sins. I don't need to be scared because Jesus knows exactly what I'm going through. So instead of being fearful, let us come boldly to the throne of grace. Wow. Having boldness is to not hesitate in fear, to be courageous and daring. We can take courage in the fact that our God loves us with a love we can't even comprehend, a love that has no end. 

So we can expect to obtain mercy and find grace to help in our time of need (which would be all the time). Our God is truly an awesome God. He is glad when His children come before Him, and He desires to bestow upon us grace and mercy. I do not deserve His love at all, yet He pours it out on me every day. I'm going to write these verses down in the front of my new journal, so that I can remember that my God understands what I'm going through and that He wants to give me grace and help in my time of need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment