Friday, April 4, 2014

IBS Acts 2:43 (4-1-14)

Inductive Bible Study Method for Acts 2:43 (4-1-14)
“Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.”

There are a lot of people who do not have a healthy fear of God. It’s usually one extreme or another. Some people are afraid that God will strike lightning down from the sky if they make one wrong move, and others have a cocky boldness that makes them think they can bargain their way into heaven. We need to have a reverence and respect for God, as He is our Creator. 

Romans 14:11-12 says “For it is written: “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.” Everyone will have to answer for everything they’ve done, said and thought. Even those who deny God’s existence will bow at His feet in worship. God is a loving and righteous judge - He can’t be in the presence of sin, so those unwashed by Christ’s blood will be sending themselves to hell. He isn’t unloving for denying access to heaven - if someone hates God, why would they want to worship Him for all eternity?

Many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. Everyone knows Philippians 4:12 “I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.” The sole reason the apostles could perform these wonders was because the Holy Spirit dwelt in them - and the sole purpose for these signs was to bring glory to Christ. If they had been trying to do the miracles to glorify themselves, God would not have blessed them by enabling them. 


My purpose for being on this earth is to glorify my Maker. Anything I do out of selfish ambition will not be blessed by God. I used to do things because I had to, not because I got to. I’m learning to pray before doing anything, give thanks to God for letting me serve Him, and do everything wholeheartedly for Him. I’m going to write “It’s all because of Jesus I’m alive” on my arm to remind me to do everything with a cheerful heart, as unto the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment