Friday, April 4, 2014

IBS Acts 2:46-47 (4-3-14)

Inductive Bible Study Method for Acts 2:46-47 (4-3-14)
“So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.”

Being in one accord means to be in complete agreement or with one mind. There are lots of times that I’ve disagreed with someone over something stupid, and it really wasn’t essential that we agree on it, yet I look at them in a different light after. It’s almost as if I’m offended that they don’t believe the exact same things I do. This is something I really need to work on, we are to love one another - even if we don’t agree on everything.

They broke bread, going from house to house. I once went over to someone’s house for dinner, and they said that they didn’t usually have people over who could give them the same kindness. What’s the point of giving to someone who can repay you? We are to give to someone with a cheerful heart and out of love, not in order to get something in return. I’m convicted about this - I really need to evaluate my motives when I give to people, whether it be my time, my stuff or something else. I should give to someone because I want to, not because I feel like I have to. 

They ate with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. I am glad a lot, but when’s the last time I did something with simplicity of heart? I really want to have that peacefulness and simplicity, yet so often I’m making things way too complicated. I need to remember that walking with the Lord isn’t confusing, it’s just difficult. It’s a matter of being broken before God, repenting of sin, and asking Him to fill me with His Spirit.

The Lord added to the church daily. How awesome is that? I realize that some people never see the fruit of their labor, but I long to see people coming to Christ. It’s only by His working in their hearts that they can see their sin, but we, as believers, are called to bring the Gospel to all the earth. 1 Corinthians 3:6 says “I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.” I am often scared to share Christ because I’m afraid of what they’ll think of me, and that I’m afraid I won’t say the right things. I need to keep in mind that if I have the Holy Spirit leading me, I can’t say the wrong thing. It’s our job to tell them about Jesus, then it’s in their hands. 


I am going to take 30 minutes during my On the Mount time to focus on praying specifically for my team, that we would be in one accord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment