Monday, March 31, 2014

IBS Acts 2:42 (3-31-14)

Inductive Bible Study Method for Acts 2:42 (3-31-14)
“And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.”

Three thousand people believed on Christ in one day. They understood that they needed to be saved from their sins, they received Paul’s word with gladness, and were baptized. What’s really important about this verse is that they weren’t left on their own after they became saved - they continued steadfastly in being a disciple of Christ. After the music stops, what’s next? It’s awesome when a soul is saved - the angels in heaven rejoice for each one - but there needs to be discipleship after.

Ephesians 4:14-15 says “...we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head - Christ...”. A new believer can easily be deceived by a lie if they aren’t studying the truth, they need to be in fellowship to learn how to speak the truth in love, and they need to be discipled in order to grow.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-24 says to rejoice, to pray always, to give thanks for everything, to not quench the Spirit, to test everything, to keep what’s good, to stay away from evil, that God will sanctify us, we should want to stay blameless at Christ’s coming, and that God is faithful and will do what He says He’ll do. All these things are the basics of a Christian’s walk with Christ. When I look at my life, am I seeing these actions and virtues? Am I quenching the Spirit, having faith in God, and praying always?


I’m going to write out the verses from 1 Thessalonians on the paper from Pastor Donathan that says to worship God in wonder and ask for an outpouring of His Holy Spirit. I know that I deceive myself, so I want to look at my life from God’s eyes - not my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment