Monday, March 17, 2014

IBS 1 Corinthians 9:22-23 (3-17-14)

Inductive Bible Study Method for 1 Corinthians 9:22-23 (3-17-14)
“to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. Now this I do for the Gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.”

Paul said that he became weak that he might win the weak, he also did this with the Jews, those under the law, and those without the law. The point is that no matter what situation a person was in, Paul became like them to understand what they were going through, love on them, and hopefully win them for Christ.

People can’t understand the Gospel in their own culture when it’s presented to them from a different cultural standpoint. Jesus made the Gospel comprehendible and applicable for those who lived in Israel. He used many parables that directly related to the culture where He lived. He also lived with them, experienced their struggles, endured every temptation, and was in every way a human being while being fully God.

There is distinctive line when it comes to giving the Gospel to a culture, including to our own. We must not ever change any part of the core of the Gospel in order to not offend anyone, but we must also be careful to not give the Gospel as it relates only to our culture, rather to give it in context to the culture of the person we’re witnessing to. Paul did this all in an effort to spread the Gospel and to have a part in the blessings that God promises to those who love Him and do His Will. 


Do I get outside my comfort zone to minister to those around me? I want to be all things to all people. I want to love everyone with the love that Christ has loved me with. I’ve felt really convicted about not sharing the Gospel with the girls I worked with at the Bank, and, as much as I’m scared about doing that, I know that God desires all men to come to the saving knowledge of His salvation. I’ve been praying for them since I started working with them 2 years ago, but hadn’t had a real desire to witness to them until I arrived here at Potter’s Field. I’m going to make every effort when I’m home for 10 days to give them the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment