Saturday, February 8, 2014

IBS Hebrews 11:6 (1/21/14)

Inductive Bible Study Method for Hebrews 11:6 (1-21-2014)
“But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”

I learned that God desires to have a right relationship with us. We need to have faith in Him and believe not just that He is God - even the demons believe that - but that He desires and rewards those who diligently seek Him and want to have a relationship with HIm. The principle in this passage is that God will reward us when we diligently seek Him and have faith that He is God. 

I have failed to live in accordance with this passage by not diligently seeking God. I have half-heartedly sought after Him most of the time, and only whole-heartedly sought after Him when I was in need. I made my relationship with Christ about ME instead of about serving and loving HIM. 
The sin in my life that I need to forsake is being lukewarm. Revelation 3:15-16 says “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.”. 

In order to stop being lukewarm and to diligently seek God, I need to step back and evaluate why I’m a Christian. I need to make a conscious decision to follow hard after Christ - to have my own faith and beliefs instead of what my church/friends/family believes. I have been learning through this time of being at Potter’s Field that God’s relationship is truly personal - He doesn’t just want us to pray, read our Bibles and fellowship... He wants us to get to know Him for real and put all of our trust and faith in Him. 

I am in the process of doing what I need to do. Being here at Ignite has helped me to get to know God on my own, and to have Him as MY God. I am learning to search the Scriptures and see God’s Truth for myself. When I wake up every morning, I need to pray and seek the Lord on what He wants for me for the day. I need to continue to read the Word - not just skimming it, but digging deep, letting Him speak to me and then applying what I learned from Him. I need to lay aside my pride and give up my death-grip on my life. I seek total control of my life but God wants me to let it go. I need to be ok with not knowing what’s going to happen next - to let God have His way in me.
James 1:23-25 says “For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.”


I want to memorize James 1:23-25 so that I may be a doer of the word and not a hearer only. My prayer partner is Haley and I’m going to have her hold me accountable.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! You get it. I have struggled with these issues, and it's a continuing battle that won't end until we are united with Christ! But, you are working out YOUR salvation…and I know that God is so pleased with you, His precious daughter. Keep running the race!

    ReplyDelete