Wednesday, February 26, 2014

IBS Philippians 2:4 (2-25-14)

Inductive Bible Study Method for Philippians 2:4 (2-25-14)
“Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.” 

My brain does not work this way. My brain wants to only be considerate of myself - I forget about God and those around me. I am a very selfish person. I tend to only think about what will benefit me, what will make me happy and how I can get the most out of whatever I’m doing or wherever I am. We are all born with this sinful mindset.

The struggle against the flesh is only a small picture of what the actual fight looks like. Ephesians 6:12 says “For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.” 

Yes, we fight our flesh daily - but Satan wants to render us useless so that we won’t advance the Kingdom of God. He desires for us to be either living off our own strength or feel condemned because of our sin and not do anything profitable either way. He wants me to stumble and damage my witness. He wants me to give into his temptations so that I’ll satisfy my desires in everything except Christ.

Satan wants me to put myself above all else. A line from Veggie Tale’s, King George and the Duckie is a perfect reminder for how NOT live - “Concentrate dear Louis, and I think you will agree. The most important person in the whole wide world is me.” How vain to think that we wretched sinful human beings are better than anyone else on this earth?


There have been many times when I thought I was better than all the people here - even though I know that we’re all believers. I’m no different than anyone else - a sinner saved only by God’s grace through faith. I truly love and care about each person here and I’m incredibly blessed to know all of them. I am so excited to see what the Lord has for each of us here, and I pray for everyone often. I’m going to thank everyone for what a blessing they’ve been to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment