Saturday, February 8, 2014

IBS Matthew 6:30-34 (1/24/14)

Inductive Bible Study Method for Matthew 6:30-34 (1-24-2014)
“Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”

God takes care of all His Creation - how much more does He take care of the Creation He made in His own Image? He will provide for our daily food, our daily drink and our daily clothing. The Gentiles sought after the worldly possessions, but God wants us to fully rely on Him to meet our needs. We need to focus on the things of Heaven and not the things of this world. God holds all things in the palm of His hand, He knows all things, He is in complete control, and He wants us to trust Him. 

He sees the beginning and the end at the same time. He is a lamp unto our feet, not our football field. We need to have faith that He works all things together for good, to those who love Him and to those who are called according to His purpose. Our main purpose as believers is to love God with all of our being and to love others as ourselves. To seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness is to do what He asks of us - this means sharing the Gospel with the ends of the earth. 

I spend so much time worrying about tomorrow. Worrying about whats happening at home. Worrying about what’s going to happen here at Ignite and what’s going to happen after. Worry is something that believers have the choice not to do - as with every sin. When I repented of my sins and surrendered my life to Christ, He freed me from bondage and chains - yet I keep picking up those chains and putting them back on. I have to stop looking at myself as condemned and unclean - Jesus’s Blood washed away my sin and I’m free. 

God knew before He laid the foundations of the earth that I would be serving Him. Why would I question His plan? Why would I be sitting here with anxiety about things that are in the more-than-capable hands of my Lord? I have all these hopes, dreams and plans that I want to happen. God looks at those things and laughs. He has shown me over and over again that my plans will lead me to hell, but His plans give me a future and a hope. 


I want to surrender myself to Christ every day. I want to keep my mind of His kingdom and righteousness instead of the things that I want and desire. I want to stop worrying about tomorrow and give it to Jesus. I am going to hand over control to God every morning. My prayer partner, Haley, will keep me accountable.

1 comment:

  1. Anxiety is a bad companion, huh? I, too, my dear, am learning to surrender every day to God. Once you start this commitment, you can see His peace working. When you neglect that choice to surrender daily, anxiety creeps up on you quickly. We must choose to stay the course.

    ReplyDelete